Posted to alt.home.repair
john john is offline

Default When to get new water heater ?

I still havent decided whether or not to get a new water heater. Like I
said already it lasted me 15 years and not a drop of water has spilled out
from what I could remember.

I called the manufacturer and they said its pretty rare for these tanks to
just let loose and flood your home. They usually start trickling / dropping
water out slowly first. Plus, I heard from one of the guys working on my
flooring..who said he bought a new water heater and it didnt even last 6
months. It blew open and flooded his house. So thats all I need is for
them to install a new one and have the same problem.

So , im more interested in a water alarm now. Anybody recommend one thats
really good? I want one where there is a wireless detector so once water
is detected, the water to the whole house is automatically shut off.

Is there a company out there thats most popular and reliable ? Im guessing
theres millions if I search google now.