Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Craftsman Warranty

On Thu, 29 May 2008 22:10:04 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:28:24 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:12:19 -0500, Puddin' Man
wrote:

About 12 years ago I bought one of those "Best Buy" Craftsman garden
hoses. The hose material itsownself looks like it might outlive me,
but the threaded aluminum connector on the end is flimsy.

The unit hasn't been mis-used at all, but the connector is bent.
It leaks a fair amount. It has a "forever" warranty.

If I drained the damned thing, packed it up, and brought it to a
Sears store for replacement, what should I expect? Do they *really*
honor their warranties?

To exchange a Craftsman hose under warranty; there NEEDS to be a clear
marking on the hose, indicating the Craftsman brand. . You can take it
back (at least my wife has). The hose she brought home for exchange is
about 13 years old; clearly marked as a Craftsman hose.

Did she still have the receipt??

No receipt. The replacement hose is ready for an exchange. Is a
Craftsman hose and is marked.