Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Al is offline

Default Sink drain

Limp Arbor wrote:
On May 30, 9:24 am, Al wrote:
Every so often my kitchen sink clogs up from fat / grease residue from frying and the
like. I clear it with boiling water but it is a pain when it happens.

What I want to do is route my dishwasher drain through my sink drains to get a good
soapy water flush through every day.

MY sink P trap is at the right end of the double sink with the dish washer on the
left side. So I thought I could just Tee in on the left end in order to flush all the
lines.

Anyone see any problem with what I want to do??

No but I would recommend having a P-trap directly under each bowl.
This helps prevent buildup from occuring in the drain running from the
left to the right that is basically flat.

You don't need to put in a T, a special fitting is available that
mounts directly to the bottom of the sink that has the takeoff for the
DW

Thanks DW Nice answer!!

Al