Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default install windmill and convert from oil burner furnace to electric

... we have a log home, approx 3,500 sq ft in PA, we have a great location
for a windmill and I'm seriously considering installing a windmill that can
augment and hopefully replace most of my oil usage.

I'd measure the windspeed first. IIRC, PA is the 2nd least windy state in
the US.

And it isn't just speed, it's the time-integral. In dead winter and
midsummer it is highly likely there are significant periods of very
little wind. Summer may not be such a load-saving time in PA, but
winter won't help much if it's normally nearly calm during that time of
year.