Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
Fiat Sparks Fiat Sparks is offline

Default uWave ovens, was: 280V motor on 230V circuit

(Dave Martindale) wrote:

Ouch. We have one that's only a few months old; I hope it does better
than that. I love it because all of the power settings from "3" to "10"
actually vary the magnetron RF output while keeping it on continuously.
At "3", I can cook a single egg in the oven without it exploding.

Mine lasted about eight years with daily use for a family of 5. So,
hopefully you've got a ways to go. I agree, it does cook nicely, which
is why I even bothered to repair it.

So, $100 in parts later, I now have a working microwave again. And, if
I get tired of it, I can sell it on Craigslist for at least $35! :-/

For that much, I'd be tempted to scrap it and buy a new oven.

You know, that's what the wife said! :-)

Had I known it was going to go out again after the magenetron died, I
probably would have. But, my pride was at stake!