Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default OT but has content....

On Fri, 30 May 2008 15:41:18 -0500, Rex wrote:

nick hull wrote:
In article ,
"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote:

If anyone can explain why the weather reporters are wrong at least 75% of
the time

The weather reports should not only show today's forecast, but what they
forecast yesterday and the day before so we can judge accuracy better

That's a good idea, show the last 30 days with a graph showing how far
apart are prediction and reality

About 20 years ago, I had a high school kid working for me. His
science class undertook to rate the weathermen in the Dallas/Fort
Worth market for one year.

I forget the points they graded on but something like: temperature,
precipitation, wind, etc. They allowed a variance of some tight
margin. Maybe 2 degrees.

The "Dean of Texas Weathermen", Harold Taft was the most highly rated.
His correct percentage was only 54%.

--Andy Asberry--