Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default B+Q bathrooms - again.

On Fri, 30 May 2008 20:56:24 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

The days of the 40% discount for the tradesman are, with a few exceptions
like Howdens by and large gone. The public can now buy as cheaply as a
tradesman. If you were in touch with the market you would realise that most
of the public prefer to choose & purchase their own bathrooms, kitchens,
lighting etc and then get someone in to fit it.

I'd much rather leave it to the installer to supply the items (as long
as they're the ones that I specify). That's what I did a few years ago
for the bathroom.
That way, the responsibility of actually getting the bits 'n' pieces,
including all the sundries, in a timely manner is on the same
guy/firm, then it's up to him to get the whole installation done and
working properly.

--
Frank Erskine