Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

Andy Hall wrote:

I'm looking for a line trimmer/brush cutter and a hedge trimmer -
ideally long reach.

I noticed that Tanaka have a hedge trimmer as an attachment for the
TBC230 model but also a slightly different TBC230SF (Smartfit) with a
range of accessories. Did you look at any of those or was there a
particular reason to choose separate machines?

The hedge trimmer attachment is available separately for the
brushcutter/strimmer - it is the long reach one, not really any good at
anything under 6 feet high. I didnt realise at the time that it was
available, but the dealer said it was a straight fit onto the TBC230,
just one bolt to take off the end mini-gearbox, then the attachment
slides on.
I havent really got any use for it, so have never bothered getting one.
Alan.