Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

On 2008-05-26 07:15:46 +0100,
(A.Lee) said:

A local dealer then showed me the Tanaka range of strimmers/hedge
cutters/chainsaws.

Which models did you buy, Alan?

TBC230 strimer:
http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/br...shcutters/show
item-F1-TBC230S.aspx
THT2000 hedgecutter - got the small one as it felt well balanced:
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...OL_HEDGECUTTER
S_1088.html

Alan.

I figured that these would probably be the ones, Alan.

I'm looking for a line trimmer/brush cutter and a hedge trimmer -
ideally long reach.

I noticed that Tanaka have a hedge trimmer as an attachment for the
TBC230 model but also a slightly different TBC230SF (Smartfit) with a
range of accessories. Did you look at any of those or was there a
particular reason to choose separate machines?