Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default ThermaSkirt skirting board radiators?

SWMBO has always disliked conventional radiators and fancies something less
obtrusive when we next refurbish the lounge. I don't fancy digging up the
floor, and wondered about skirting board heaters.

The only ones I've actually seen so far consist of finned pipes inside a box
with air circulation grills - and the cross-section is a *lot* bigger
ordinary skirting board in both dimensions.

But I've just come across something called ThermaSkirt [1] - which appears
to be an alloy section not much bigger than ordinary skirting board (150 x
20) with a flow and return pipe built in along its length - with bits for
joining sections together and going round concave and convex corners, etc.
It claims to be easy to install and to have a heat output of 150 watts/metre
at a DeltaT of 50 degC. [On that basis it would need to go virtually all the
way round the room - but would be do-able.]

Have any of you come across it or - better still - used it? Is it easy to
install, and does it do what it says on the tin?

[1] http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/downlo...screteheat.pdf
--
Cheers,
Roger