Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Which CH cleaner & inhibitor?

On Thu, 29 May 2008 21:09:17 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2008-05-28 20:35:28 +0100, Mark said:

Thanks for all the replies. I have looked at hiring a power flusher
but the only one I can find is about £100 and it doesn't mention use
in a sealed system.

Yes it will work with a sealed system. £100 is a reasonable price.

How do you actually attach power flushers to the CH system? Do you need
to provide a special port or something?

David

Usually they hook into the pump position - at least on ones that I've seen.

How can I find this out for sure before actually hiring one? The
instructions of the HSS one were vague at best about this matter. I
doubt the hire shop will really know how to use it.

I haven't looked yet but I would almost bet that the pump in my combi
boiler will be fairly inaccessable. Indeed some flushing guides
advise isolating the boiler which would not be possible if connected
to the pump?

I'd like to do it right, but using the power flush seems confusing to
me (not the principle but the practicality). I can forsee a situation
where I hire the thing and cannot use it.