Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default B+Q bathrooms - again.

The Medway Handyman wrote:

A.Lee wrote:
I've wrote previously about poor quality bathrooms from B+Q.

BIG SNIP

I've had the same sort of trouble with B&Q. Bits missing mainly.
The way I've sorted it is to develop a good relationship with a local
independant plumbing supplies/bathroom studio.

Yes, I know. I deal with a local plumbers myself mainly. They are not
the cheapest, but they are within 5 minutes walk from home, and keep a
lot of stuff in stock. We did get a bath suite from them before
Christmas at £100 less than Screwfix, so they are not always dearer, and
convenience means a lot more to me that a 20% price difference.

I point people toward them if they want things, but it is difficult with
some people who think B+Q and Homebase are 'REALLY GOOD'.

This chap I'm working for now needs a Saniflow fitting to conform to
Building Regs (the previous owner had fitted an 'en-suite' into the
spare bedroom, then ran the water waste directly into the rain water
downpipe). Anyway, the local Plumbers want £365 for the unit we require,
Screwfix do it at £360, but he trusts Screwfix more "as they deliver
next day", so he's getting it from Screwfix, despite my attempts to get
him to buy it locally.
Alan.