Posted to alt.support.depression,humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare,sci.math,alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Rights of Neighbors

Janithor wrote:

I don't know. They were very active all during the 90's, and 9/11 was
planned on Clinton's watch. If you think this is all about Bush,
well, I don't know what to say to that either. I don't think that's
very rational.

I'm about half way through Douglas Feith's new book, "War and Decision."
Feith was Undersecretary of Defense for Policy during the first six years of
the Bush administration and the #3 man in the Pentagon. He discusses the
events and policies that led up to the war in Iraq. Here's one revelation:

Capturing Ben Laden was NEVER a goal of the United States. Capturing and
"bringing to justice" is a crime control concept, not an anti-terror
concept. The number one goal of the war on terror, from the beginning, was
to prevent another attack on U.S. interests. This could be accomplished by
disrupting or destroying the terrorist's funding, communication, membership,
chain-of-command, training facilities, logistical support, and so on.

To that end, there has not been a successful terrorist attack against the
United States or U.S. interests anywhere in the world for five years. Not
one.