Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
Fiat Sparks Fiat Sparks is offline

Default uWave ovens, was: 280V motor on 230V circuit

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Never seen an FR uwave. Why would they use that when the basic
circuit is adequate and reliable (more or less!)?

Mostly less! :-) My Panasonic inverter unit just released the magic
smoke. First the magenetron died, and then after I replaced that, an
IGBT in the switcher shorted and did a fair bit of collateral damage.

I finally did find a service manual...in spanish (which I read
poorly,) but it did at least tell me what all the small resistors and
diodes were supposed to be (before they melted.)

So, $100 in parts later, I now have a working microwave again. And, if
I get tired of it, I can sell it on Craigslist for at least $35! :-/