Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_3_] Dave in Houston[_3_] is offline

Default Footlocker Design

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
news
My son is going to Boy Scout Camp in mid June. They ask that each boy
have a footlocker. They said to just pick one up at WallyWorld or
Kmart.

I went to look at what they had to offer and wasn't particularly
impressed.

So, I figured I'd just cobble up a footlocker.

I have some half inch cherry ply left over from a job and some nice
brass hardware left over from a different job. I figure I can make
this thing with no outlay.

My thought was that I would use finger joints in the corners, house
the bottom in a plough, lay the top in a rabbet, and that would make a
decent enclosure.

Then I figured I'd put a pinrail on the inside and sit a divided tray
on it.

Has anyone made one of these before? I'd hate to build something
stupid because I didn't ask enough questions about it.

What do you think the tare weight will end up being?

Dave in Houston