Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Consensus on CAD?

On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:22:37 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2008 05:41:03 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

El Cazador wrote:

Is there a consensus on the best overall CAD program for the hobbyist
metalworker?

Rhino!

http://www.rhino3d.com/

How about a program which is priced -less- than a grand (or $995)?

Howzabout $773 in Portland, Larry?
http://www.3dtechnics.com/_software.phtml#RHINO

I've been looking for some construction cad progs lately [UDA
Construction Suite, Chief Architect, SoftPlan ($$$$, Eek!) and
probably settling on a v10 Punch! as3000 for small remodels], but for
my taste and budget, I like Alibre for $773 less than Rhino, thanks. I
believed you missed the shining facetiousity factor of my post.

Carry on.

--
I wish the Department of Homeland Security knew what
ol' Unca Doug did, instinctively, so many years ago:

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
-- General Douglas MacArthur