Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default 6" cut-off wheel in a bench grinder

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
Usta be, back some 50 years, you went to CTC to buy car/bike parts;

then they added fishing tackle. Now they have so many gim-cracks and
gew-gaws, they had to open Partsource to sell anything to do with
automobiles, and the last time I was THERE (because TSC was moving and
had sold out of 3/8" gas line hose and second son was stranded) THEY
wanted 5xprice for a piece. Anybody want a collection of "funny munny"
cause I don't go there no mo!

That would ruin a good part of my social life!

Here the choices a
1) CT
2) House of Tools - you have to pick and choose. I am still waiting for two
$5 clamps 2 moths later. OTOH, they are the cheapest suppliers of
threadlockers. YMMV
3) Home Hardware - excellent for fasteners, forget everything else
4) Rona - forget it!
5) Acklands-Grainger - OK if you are a Company and loaded

or, after 46 km drive

5) Home Depot
6) Midland tools - odd shop that. Stock seems endless but when you look for
specifics they seem to be "just out". Good prices though.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC