Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Clausing 5914 - Replacement of VS and Timing belts

In article ,
Ecnerwal wrote:

In article eqv%j.10380$nx6.5144@trnddc03,
Winston wrote:

Does this principle have a name?
It's creepy how often the tool you are repairing would be most useful
in repairing the tool you are repairing.

It's called the "Yes, dear, I really NEED two of those machines"
principle.

Or three, or a dozen, and a lineshaft to drive them in the old style,
and a turbine in the basement to drive the lineshaft, and a mill over
the basement to house them all, and a couple of warehouses for spare
parts...

Yes, yes, yes. We used to have such buildings available for a song, but
now they are filled with biotech startups.

Joe Gwinn