Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default IBM desktop PC can not boot from CD

" wrote:

I'm working on a pal's IBM PII computer which was extremely slow so I
tried to format it

And how did you think that would help ?

Did you consider using 'disk clean up', defragging, or inspecting the
number of programs automatically loaded at start-up ? Norton AV is a
system performance killer for example especially on a PC of that vintage.

but now I cannot boot from CD . I have check all
setup BIOS but nothing shows or states how to change the boot
sequence. Can anyone help pls.

Is the CD drive even listed in the boot sequence options ? Booting from
CD wasn't always possible.

Graham