Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Putting a Chrysler car radio in a Ford

Meat Plow wrote:

Maybe an under run pulley and belt kit would have done the job.

We are talking over 35 years ago. I finally found a larger pulley for
the alternator from a heavy duty Delco truck alternator. The other
pulley was over the water pump, and would have required custom
machining. I was in the middle of nowhere, AKA southern Alabama at Ft.
Rucker Army base at the time. There was no easy way to find parts back
then, and the rip-off speed shops would only look for a part if you let
them install it. A three dollar bearing every couple months was easier
than over $250 and letting them screw with my car.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.