Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Basic 3D & CAD programs

Ned Simmons wrote:

The big advantage of the parametric modelers for most of us is not the
ease of generating families of parts, though that's a great feature.
Rather, it's maintaining relationships between between numerous mating
parts. For example, if you change the location and size of a hole in a
component, the mating shaft updates to match the new diameter, its
location in the assembly changes so that it remains centered in the
hole, and the detail drawings of the parts update to reflect the
changes.

The last cad program I played with was Acad Mechanical Desktop 2.01,
parametrics would be very cool for manufacturing. IT accidently put
Solidworks on my laptop when I asked for the view app. Would be nice to
play with it but I couldn't afford a seat on my own. My brain is stuck in
AutoCad 2.6 mode.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller