Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Rod Rod is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

CWatters wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message
Probably a better place in the thread for this post, but I am getting
lost. :-)

We are used to seeing contractors' vans towing compressors. Is there any
reason not to follow that model for electric/hybrids? By which I mean:

Have a pure electric vehicle for short journeys.

Have a module that includes a power source (probably an ICE and
generator).

I've actually seen that done. I was at an event in the USA several years ago
and a Tzero turned up towing a trailer with a generator on it. They had
driven it quite a long way to get there as I recall. I thought they said it
wasn't really a practical proposition but perhaps that has changed.

Photo here..

http://www.evworld.com/images/tzero-trailer.jpg

http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero/

Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. But, I would hope, better
integrated.

Maybe if put into production a super lightweight one could be produced?

--
Rod

onset.