Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B+Q bathrooms - again.

A.Lee wrote:
I've wrote previously about poor quality bathrooms from B+Q.

BIG SNIP

Hi Alan

I've had the same sort of trouble with B&Q. Bits missing mainly.

The way I've sorted it is to develop a good relationship with a local
independant plumbing supplies/bathroom studio.

They keep a big pile of my business cards. I mention them on my website &
advise customers to buy from them. We both get extra business that way.

Being independant & small they really know their stuff & don't sell crap,
all the bits are in the box and they have great customer service - I've only
ever had one problem with a faulty part (which they couldn't reasonably have
spotted) and when I phoned they offered to bring a replacement straight over
in a van.

Worth a thought. I also like the idea of saying "OK, buy it from B&Q f you
want, but if any parts are missing or damaged I'll have to charge extra to
sort things out".

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk