Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On 2008-05-29 16:57:19 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

LSR wrote:
How would the government cope with the loss of revenue?
The last thing they want is everyone running VED-exempt cars using
electricity that is duty-free and has only 5% VAT.

I think you can rely on the government to find a way round THAT one.

How do you heat an electric car in the winter? A paraffin or propane stove?

Electricity would seem to be a sensible choice. We don't after all use
electric heaters to heat petrol cars in winter do we?

The Nordics do.