Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default B+Q bathrooms - again.

Tanner-'op wrote:

An alternative view was that he was saving the customer additional
cost and delay by making good a minor defect...

True, but 'repairing' a crack with silicone one new and (presumably) plastic
bath to my mind is not a 'minor defect'.

Who mentioned silicone? IIRC, Alan said he effected a repair with epoxy
resin - i.e the stuff the bath is basically made from in the first
place. No reason to believe the repair would be any weaker than the rest
of the bath.

unless you give it a really good inspection at the store - I wouldnt
trust their delivery staff at all.
Well, you are not exactly trustworthy are you?

More milk tibbles?

In the context of the OP - the question was relevant.

Shall I turn over an purr whilst you tickle my tum? Not a cats chance in
hell John. LOL

Na, try that with out cat and you would lose your hand! So I am out of
cat tickling practice.

As a matter of interest, in this litigious age, I wonder how the
client could sue you for if the bath suddenly breaks because of the
known (by you and you alone) faults and causes serious injury,
personal injury or damage to the property? Mmmm 'veeeeery'
interesting!

As with all things, it is a judgement call. If the broken bit is
structural and failure could result in injury, or it was obvious the
repair would always be inferior, then it would be daft to fix it. If
on the other hand it is just decorative and can be repaired to be as
good as (or in fact better than) new, what is the problem?

Any repair with silicone on a cracked (presumably) plastic bath is inferior.

Possibly... but again where did you get silicone from?

Perhaps he said to the customer - "look this was damaged, but I have
fixed it like that".

That was not stated in the OP - but has since been clarified. And that was
the case.

Twas no need to go calling him "untrustworthy" then was there?

The OP was a 'rant' against B&Q at the expense of very relevant information
to the post,

All insults will be ignored.

By whom?

Where's yer crystal ball John?

I don't clink when I walk, put it that way.

--
Cheers,

John.