Posted to alt.home.repair

Default point of use surge protection question

On May 29, 9:43*am, w_tom wrote:
On May 29, 7:19 am, wrote:

And to wrap it up, here we go again, W_ posts his list of "responsible
manufacturers", vs other manufacturers. * Further proof as to his
religious beliefs and lack of logical reasoning. . * *I pointed out to
W_ many times that almost everyone one of those "responsible
manufacturers", also manufacturers plug-in, point-of-use surge
protectors as well.

* Actually you didn’t point that out. *Bud does. *So trader and Bud
are the same person. *How curious. *How many other aliases does Bud
have? *How curious. *

No, I am the one who pointed it out. Do a little googling and you
will find it from a couple weeks ago in another thread, where you
tried to draw a distinction between "responsible companies", who sell
whole house surge protectors and other companies who sell plug-in,
point-of-use, etc. With just a little bit of googling, I quickly
smashed that, by showing that all but one of the companies on your
list of "responsible companies", also sell plug-in type. Try using
Google and you can easily find that thread. Bud repeated it in this
thread, because it's one more glaring hole in your argument

Again no response with technical facts. *Again,
defense of ineffective and obscenely overpriced plug-in protectors by
attacking the messenger.

LOL? You're the guy running around claiming that Bud and I are
technically incompetent and have a vested interest in selling plug-in
protectors. You've also now claimed that we're the same person. As
for no technical facts, both the IEEE and NIST clearly show plug-in,
point-of-use protectors being used. We're still waiting for any
reference that says plug-ins are totally ineffective and dangerous, as
you have claimed.

* Repeating the standard response to that same and silly accusation.
Even I will sell plug-in protectors to people so naive as to buy
them. *When selling a $3 power strip with some ten cent parts for $25
or $150, profits are massive. *Anyone would sell those to the naive.
But only responsible manufacturers sell effective protectors -
protectors that have that dedicated earthing wire. * Protectors that
do not even claim to provide protection are from APC, Belkin,
Tripplite, and Monster Cable.

* Bud (trader) posts insults incessantly to deny engineering reality.
A protector is only as effective as it earth ground. *Honesty is not
Bud. *It now appears that Bud is also trader - with the same bitter
attitude.

No insults, unless by insult you mean pointing out the glaring holes
in your arguments. You still can't see how totally illogical it is to
come up with a list of "responsible manufacturers", and then when it
turns out they also sell plug-ins, which you claim are ineffective and
dangerous, to say these "responsible manufacturers", only sell them to
make a buck.

PS: If you keep grouping everyone together that doesn't agree with
you, pretty soon that group will include everyone else but you in this
discussion, as well as the IEEE, NIST, etc. At least we are all in
good company