Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default grout removal

Sleepy-Tom wrote:

Im replacing the tiles in my bathroom and i have cast iron enamel
bathtub with old tile grout and mortar mix on the top edges.
Ive tried using warm soapy water and a nylon brush but its not coming off.

Whats the best way to remove this old grout/mortar from the enamel
surface without scratching it?

There is a tool for this, its a grout scraper. It has a triangle head made
of some kind of carbide and just about lasts forever. Be careful not to
scratch the tub surface. I'm sure there is a cleaner but make sure it does
not damage the surface.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"