Posted to alt.home.repair
w_tom w_tom is offline

Default point of use surge protection question

On May 29, 7:19 am, wrote:
And to wrap it up, here we go again, W_ posts his list of "responsible
manufacturers", vs other manufacturers. Further proof as to his
religious beliefs and lack of logical reasoning. . I pointed out to
W_ many times that almost everyone one of those "responsible
manufacturers", also manufacturers plug-in, point-of-use surge
protectors as well.

Actually you didn’t point that out. Bud does. So trader and Bud
are the same person. How curious. How many other aliases does Bud
have? How curious. Again no response with technical facts. Again,
defense of ineffective and obscenely overpriced plug-in protectors by
attacking the messenger.

Repeating the standard response to that same and silly accusation.
Even I will sell plug-in protectors to people so naive as to buy
them. When selling a $3 power strip with some ten cent parts for $25
or $150, profits are massive. Anyone would sell those to the naive.
But only responsible manufacturers sell effective protectors -
protectors that have that dedicated earthing wire. Protectors that
do not even claim to provide protection are from APC, Belkin,
Tripplite, and Monster Cable.

Bud (trader) posts insults incessantly to deny engineering reality.
A protector is only as effective as it earth ground. Honesty is not
Bud. It now appears that Bud is also trader - with the same bitter
attitude.