Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default OT - $4/gal Gas Threshold Crossed - Dam Breaking

Charlie,

Arizona is right behind you.

I remember the first time I paid $2.00 a gallon was in Beverly Hills, CA. .
Jill and I were looking for a museum and got lost. We stopped at a little
gas station and while I was pumping my gas a Bentley pulled up and a very
attractive gal got out to fill her tank. She was wearing a see thru gauze
top with no bra. I'm lucky I didn't spill my gas all over. I think I did
drool on my shirt. Jill just sat in the car laughing at me.

Take care,

cm

"charlieb" wrote in message
Granted this is California, and the San Francisco Bay Area at that,
but
earlier last week "regular" was $3.999 (who has a $0.009 coin?).
by Thursday it was $4.039. Six days later (today) it's $4.249.

Once the $4 /gallon threshold was crossed the dam weakened
and now is collapsing - and we're still in May. Can't wait to see
what The Summer Driving Season is gonna do to prices.

A ray of hope - CAFE standards were FINALLY increased - after
only 30 years and "pre-owned" Hummers, Huged Sport Utes and
BIG Tire Monster Trucks are taking over what was formerly
known as Used Car Lots space - in abundance.

Attention: General Motors, Ford, Chrysler
NOW do you get IT!?

charlie b

who appreciates my little white Miata more and more
each day. Lot nicer looking than the Prius - and a hell
of a lot more fun to drive.