Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tanner-'op Tanner-'op is offline

Default B+Q bathrooms - again.

A.Lee wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Tanner-'op wrote:

- Allowing customers to buy products from B&Q that you will fit.

"Allowing the customers..." that's a bit of arrogance there on your
part!

Surely the 'pipers calls the tune' and they can choose to buy from
wherever they wish - as can the so called professional choose who
he works for?

There is a fundamental difficulty here when the customer buys the raw
materials and the fitting service from two (or more) different
places. Who carries the can when something is not right?

I've done 3 bathrooms in the last 2 months, and all the main parts
were supplied by B+Q, and chosen/bought by the customer.
I have given guarantees on all the work I have done, but have made it
clear that any subsequent fault with the fittings would not be covered
by my warranty, though if there is a fault (unlikely, as once they are
in, they are very reliable), then I'd probably just do it free of
charge anyway.

Alan,

I quite agree with the above - with the exeption that if the problem was a
B&Q one with defective fittings etc (purchased by the customer), then it
would be quite reasonable of you to charge a fee for the rectifications
works and I would expect that to be made clear in any written or verbal
quotation that you gave (I did when I was involved in such things many years
ago).

The B+Q baths are rubbish. They flex a lot, are so thin that the sun
can be seen through them, and the fittings kit is minimal(if the
supplied fittings kit is used, I cannot see how the bath would stay
in position). Alan.

Which brings me back to the viability of the 'repair' that you did and the
acceptance by B&Q of any subsequent claim (if any is made) for defects on
the bath at a later date.

Tanner-'op