Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Peavey XR 886, 1997, mixer amp

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:31:00 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Perhaps the sensible approach to this is extend the rubber feet by half

an
inch as this is a known cure. There is no obvious place to put a secoind

fan
at the air outlet.

So every XR 886 overheats?

Not to the extent of tripping any of the thermal switches but enough to
concern the owner into trying to improve airflow - admirable thinking for a
non-techie.
Just giving greater clearance to the airflow under an amp should not
normally affect the amp temperature though. I would suggest that it is due
to forcing the air to follow a tortuous path so a generic design flaw. I've
heated up the fan motor, etc and there seems nothing wrong with this fan as
well as no change of fan noise reported by the owner.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England