Posted to rec.woodworking
Axel Grease Axel Grease is offline

Default OT - $4/gal Gas Threshold Crossed - Dam Breaking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Puckdropper" wrote:
What I want is a more fuel efficient LAWN MOWER. I've got around 4
acres to mow, and it takes 4-5 gallons a week to do it.

Goats.
They will even keep the shrubs under control.
Better than sheep with less residue.

Lew

Residue? Do you mean manure?... AKA- fertilizer? Sheep manure is the best
fertilize on earth (tied with rabbit poop) but it makes grass grow very
fast.

Goats taste good on a barbeque, but they prefer rough forage (the shrubs,
trees, vines, flowers, etc)... not very good for mowing grass.
Buy short-legged cows to keep grass in check. Shetland ponies are fairly
good grass eaters too (and they will pull a home shop built wooden hay
wagon, a traction driven sickel bar mower, hay rake, etc.)... but not good
to eat, unless you like tough dog food.

Axel