Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

In message et, at
21:43:41 on Wed, 28 May 2008, Dave Liquorice
remarked:
In the middle of "Englands last Wilderness" aka the North Pennines.
Basically 20+ miles from anything other than a small Co-ops.

You will probably have to make increasing sacrifices as a consequence of
that lifestyle decision, as fuel gets more expensive.

Yep, I accept that and we already do. It's to far to go for a trip to a
decent cinema, the theatre or even a good indian restaurant. But it's far
better living here than on an anonymous estate where you don't even see
your neighbours 10 yards away let alone know them.

It's far better living where I do - in a leafy middle class suburb built
in the 30's - than on an anonymous estate where you don't even see
your neighbours 10 yards away let alone know them.

I have several good Indian restaurants within a few minutes walk, a
choice of shops from small family run ones to large supermarkets within
a mile, and a very decent cinema ten minutes away on a bus that runs
about every five minutes.
--
Roland Perry