Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default OT - $4/gal Gas Threshold Crossed - Dam Breaking

"Leon" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
.. .

Not necessarily. My '69 Mercury Cyclone Cobra Jet 428 got 12mpg around
town and 16mpg on the highway. And I eventually traded it because
hi-test gas was too expensive at $.429 per gallon.

Damn, I miss that car.

That engine was a real sleeper. I had a friend that had a Torino with the
CobraJet 428 ? 9?. Sounded pathetic, as I recall the AIR pump was the
loudest thing under the hood, but blew away 396 Malibu's.

It was rated at 325 HP, but I read years later that it was
intentionally underrated to get it by the insurance companies. Actual
output was something over 400 HP. Mine was the only one I've ever
seen. I read on the Web that there were only something like 126 made.

Good set of pictures here.

http://www.streetrodshack.com/images...Cyclone_07.JPG

Mine was flame orange.