Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Felt question

wrote:

Now, there are 2 possible ways to detail the felt at the ridge line.

1. is to cut the felt on each side at the ridge, then apply 2 layers
of felt along and over the ridge. Lets try ascii - I'll explode the
diagrams so each layer is shown spaced below the other for clarity:

8

2. Method 2 is to not cut it, but let the felt fold over the ridge.
This
way there is no join on the ridge itself, and no cutting. But there
are more small stepped edges in the felt lay.

; /\
; /
; /
; /\
; \
; \
; /\
; /
; /
; /\
; \
; \

I normally go for something more like 2, but don't have the joints in
the layers co-inside so the overlaps are more spread out and there are
no joins in close proximity.

--
Cheers,

John.