Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default exploding ballasts

On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:29:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

2 out of 5 and fairly close together is grounds enough, in my book, for
them all to be returned as "not fit for purpose". Always assuming that
your mains supply is within tolerance max allowable is about 254v.

After a year or 2?

It boils down to the "reasonable man" test. Would a reasonable man expect
a light fitting to fail after 2 years or use or 10? I've got florry light
fittings here that are probably 20 or 30 years old they still work. Ones I
fitted maybe 8 years ago are also fine. Not Homebase ones mind, came from
CEF made by Tamlite it says on the side.

--
Cheers
Dave.