Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda Cogeneration Systems?

On May 28, 3:29*pm, ransley wrote:
On May 28, 11:59*am, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Our local gas utility here in Red Sox Nation has been running radio ads
aimed at homeowners promoting the Honda household-cogeneration
equipment, which includes mention of selling extra generated electricity
back to the utility, and gummint credits to help you purchase your
equipment.

http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c07...ld-Cogeneratio...

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

No experiance, but would you save money with it?

Interesting concept. For electric generation, it's small, only 1KW,
but I guess it's sized that way because any larger and the
corresponding waste heat would be more than needed for a typical
home. What does the marketing say about the cost to buy and
operate, life expectancy, how much you make selling electricity back
to the utility, etc?