Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 200 amp main panel with 100 amp breaker

Mike Dobony wrote:

Shame you have to live in a city that requires a permit to replace
or modify a breaker box.

If you have no shutoff at the meter or pole and you need to pull the
meter to shut off the electricity the utility company will require a
permit. I took advantage of a major power outage to change one box
out.

Heh! Not in my little town.

Call the power company and within six hours they'll be along remove the
meter seal. When you're done with whatever you need to do, call the power
company. Within 24 hours they'll be back to replace the seal.

No permit. No inspection. No nothing.

'Course I live in Houston; perhaps it's different in more progressive
cities.