Posted to alt.home.repair
takeahikemarc takeahikemarc is offline

Default Hot Tub Jets

On May 28, 12:46 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:22:11 -0700 (PDT), Zephyr

wrote:
Hi Folks

I was given a used hottub. I'm considering replacing the "spa pack"
with a newer kit because the old kit has a leak by one of the pressure
switches on the heater tube.

the old tub does not have a blower.

My question is this, how much of a difference does a blower make to
the jets?

if it is a huge difference, is it possible to retro fit a blower into
a system that was designed without jets?

Dave

The jets don't use the blower, they suck in air from the venturi
effect of the water coming out of the nozzle. Ther blower is to make
bubbles from the bottom of the tub (if it has a bubble ring)

And I find the bubbles to be more for effect than anything else. The
don't add any massage-type function. *But* my wife likes the bubbles
and always turns them on when she's in the tub. Would she have missed
them if they never existed? I'll never know...