Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default 10 ft Kirsch wooden pole - rings do not slide easily

"BujorHandMades" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have a 10 foot Kirsch wooden pole (painted white) with rings that
move freely on it (or they should). It is mounted at 9 feet tall, and
even thought the curtains are pretty light, I can't make the rings
slide by simply pulling on the curtain.

My other curtains are on traverse rods, so I removed the dowel and
used it to move a few rings at a time by pushing the rings instead of
pulling. It works better, but I wonder if there are any other
solutions, or maybe the industry already has a tool for this pushing
instead of pulling. Any ideas and suggestions are greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Two things to make life better.

Apply a liberal amount of any product like Pledge to a soft cloth and wax
the top of the rod.
If it is factory paint that should get you sliding. If you painted the rod
sand the top lightly with a very fine grit paper before you apply the wax.
If you painted both the rods and rings, just learn to live with the
problem. -

The second tip will cost you about $10. Buy a couple of stiff Batons and
attach them to the second ring in on each side from the center of the
panels. Batons are those stiff fiberglass sticks you see in motels to move
the drapes. The have a simple dog leash type clip on the end to attach
them.

The reason you attach them to the second ring is so they will fully hang
behind the panel and not be ugly to the room side like in the motels.

And don't buy the cheap quality plastic ones. Fiberglass or steel coated
will work fine.

--
Colbyt