David Jensen

Default Kitchen cabents using Mills Pride boxes and custom made doors / drawer fronts

Looks like a pretty good trade off to me!

"Bob S." wrote in message . ..
David,

File this in the "for what its worth" department but last year I made 40,
raised panel cabinet doors for SIL. Used ash for the frames and poplar for
the panels (paint grade) and Euro hinges. Cost of raw materials was approx
$300 for lumber, $100 for hinges, $50 misc (primer, paint, etc.). $450 Total

Did a comparison of buying unfinished, raised panel doors from HD. Cost
came to just under $3K and still needed to buy the hinges and do the
finishing.

So if you can make your own doors - you can save money but its a sweat
equity trade-off.

Bob S.