Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On 2008-05-28 17:56:20 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

Why? you assume stuff all the time.

I never assume anything

I have never seen a plane crash, or a train crash but they happen.

I've seen both.

Live or on TV?

Live. I am selective about TV.

I am not disputing that this *can* happen, but certainly that it is a
big problem as you are implying.

If you think about it, if it *were* a big problem, then either the
handles would have been redesigned or the mechanisms set as they are
here.

Why?
The Americans don't have the same regard for safety as we do.

Incorrect. If there is a risk of litigation, there is certainly
attention to detail

Since most other countries have the latch wires in the pump handles, it
rather suggests that this does not cause an issue for any meaningful
amount of measurement.

Well you circumvent the mechanism if you want, its obvious that you are
an expert in everything.

Not particularly. One simply has to look at the circumstances