Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:18:16 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

I think you will find many bikes come with cats, even 50cc scooters ..
;-)

I think you will find most don't have one.

Yet.

Even the ones that do have them taken off by some idiot that wants a bit
more power and noise.

http://www.scooterstyle.com.au/index10.php

Why not on the PMX?

Pass, I didn't design them! ;-)

It doesn't say if they are closed loop cats or just two stage convertors.
You need closed loop to get the emissions down.

Isn't 'a cat' better than 'no cat' though Dennis?

And what do we do with the polluted cat when that's finished it's
life?

The cat doesn't get polluted.

You could recycle it.. about 50% steel and about 50% ceramic sand by the
time its crushed.
The very small amount of platinum and such like can be extracted if its
economical, it isn't an environmental problem.

Ok ..

All the best ..

T i m