Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default "leaking" cistern

John E wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 14:10:58 GMT, John E wrote:

I have recently noticed that there is a very slight but constant trickle
of water into the bowl as if the siphon has not shut off completely.
A siphon is either on or off they don't trickle. Is that a real siphon or
a drop flap valve? Drop flaps can get crud into them and then they will
leak a trickle. I also suspect that that valve/siphon might incorporate
an internal overflow which would also produce a trickle down the pan.

A lot of modern taps and valves don't take kindly to scale and respond by
dribbling...

We are in a very hard water area here.

You can get 3 part syphons which allow you to change the working bits
without taking the cistern off. Not much help this time but at least you
wouldn't have to dismantle it again