Wilson Lamb

Default Problem with new Grizzly jointer

How about putting a flat plate on the table to raise the gage??
Wilson
"UTRECHT" wrote in message
om...
I just bought a Grizzly 6" jointer (1028z I believe). The outfeed
table will only go down about 1/4" which isnt far enough to use the
knife gauge that comes with the jointer to check the blades for level
and check the blade depth (in the cutterhead). The knife gauge sits
on the outfeed table instead of the cutterhead (because the outfeed
table wont lower enough to get out of the way. Grizzly support told
me to adjust a bolt on the outfeed lever. I did that and turning the
bolt one way does allow the outfeed table to travel further up, but
turning it the other direction doesnt allow it to slide further down.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is (short of sending it
back)?