Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Whats this then?

Peter Johnson coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:14:16 +0100, "John"
wrote:

My house 1992 build has similar in the upstairs internal walls. It is a
bas***d to get any good anchoring on. The stuff in my house was made by a
company called Stramit http://www.stramit.co.uk/index.html. I know
because when we had a leak in the old shower the straw just soaked up the
water and eventually it was spotted due to a musty smell in an unused
spare bedroom. When I removed the straw wall to replace with PB etc for
the En-Suite refit the word Stramit was clearly visible on the surface.

My house, built 1988, has it, or something like it, in the bathroom,
en suite and cloakroom walls. My last house, also built 1988 but by a
different builder, had it in the bathroom walls.

I think I saw something similar comprising the flat roof substrate at
CenterParcs in Belgium (Erpeheide). Possibly a denser/stringer version?