Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Peavey XR 886, 1997, mixer amp

N_Cook wrote:

In for intermittant loss of one channel but this query is about overheating.
There are 5/8 inch high feet on the base but unless the owners prop up on
blocks the whole base gets noticeably hot.

I will be replacing the mains fan as 10 years of much use but any other
observations from anyone familiar with them ?
Dusty inside but not blocking any air throughput and no reported changes in
fan noise and currently seems the correct sort of air flow for 14W fan.
Design fault concerning airodynamics? There are 2 full width flutes of the
heatsink that go up to the fan face. I would expect these bits of aluminium
to be milled out normally in such situations.

Is that the model that has a fan mounted horizontally blowing down onto a skimpy
heatsink ?

Graham