Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default "leaking" cistern

John E wrote:

In the bathroom I have an Armitage Shanks Tiffany close-coupled WC with push
button flush. It is approx. 3 years old.

I have recently noticed that there is a very slight but constant trickle of
water into the bowl as if the siphon has not shut off completely. This is
not a case of the push button assembly pushing down on the siphon as the
flow does not stop when the lid is removed.

I have replaced old siphons in my time but this type is new to me. I don't
know whether there are any serviceable parts. Pictures at:

It is a doddle to fit a new one, just the same as fitting an 'old'
siphon.
Screwfix sell them, but be aware that there are 2 sizes 1.5" and 2"
iirc. The majority are 1.5".
Get a new 'doughnut' or foam washer at the same time. They
compress/break-up over time, so always best to fit a new one.
Alan.