Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On 2008-05-28 12:59:31 +0100, "dennis@home"

On 2008-05-28, Jon Green wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
This is another reason for the diesel and for using commecial pumps.
Apart from faster delivery, they have the little wire insert on the
pump handle which means that it's not necessary to hold the trigger.

I've often thought about putting a little (but sturdy) metal eye-pin on
my keyring, to replace the missing pin during fuelling. Never got a
round tuit, though. American pumps have them, so I don't really
understand why UK ones don't.

Elfin Saftey fascists, I expect.

Ironically the U.S. arrangement is probably safer. The pump is
tripped off when the tank is full and it is virtually impossible to top
off the tank and spill fuel.

So are UK ones, ask your chauffer.

Chauffeur

They even have vapour extraction around the nozzle in the form of a
flexible concertina plastic thingy

That is too meet the total emissions requirement for the cars.
If you suck the vapour back into the tank it allows you more kerbside
emissions when driving.

.... to meet ...