Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On 2008-05-28 10:23:25 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

"Jon Green" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
This is another reason for the diesel and for using commecial pumps.
Apart from faster delivery, they have the little wire insert on the
pump handle which means that it's not necessary to hold the trigger.

I've often thought about putting a little (but sturdy) metal eye-pin on
my keyring, to replace the missing pin during fuelling. Never got a
round tuit, though. American pumps have them, so I don't really
understand why UK ones don't.

Once some idiot has flooded the forecourt with a few hundred liters of
fuel you will understand.

That's nonsense. The full tank trip mechanism still works even with
the latch wire in place.